2013 Hincapie CEO Cycling Challenge, SC
September 12, 2013 - September 15, 2013
WITH GEORGE HINCAPIE IN SOUTH CAROLINA!
Co-hosted by Coach Troy Jacobson, creator of SPINeRVALS
Stay at the new Hotel Domestique at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains!
This will be the 6th year that CEO Challenges has hosted a cycling event with 17-time Tour de France finisher George Hincapie at his home in Greenville, South Carolina.
The weekend includes sag supported rides and the highlight is Sunday's 2-mile timed ride up Paris Mtn to identify the best CEO cyclists!
SEE THE LIST OF ALL-TIME CEO RESULTS UP PARIS MTN HERE
Don't miss this rare opportunity to REALLY get to know a true cycling legend. Participants have the opportunity to bike the same roads where George did all his serious preparation for the Tour of California, Tour de France, Spring Classics, and the USA Pro Challenge.
George not only leads all rides, he attends the dinners, gives us a personal tour of Hincapie Sportswear, and is our host for a reception at his home with his wife, Melanie.
And on 'race day' George will accompany each person across the finish line at the top of Paris Mountain. At the end of the weekend you will understand why George was the most-liked pro on the tour, as well as one of the toughest.
We will be the first group to enjoy accommodations and meals at the beautiful new Hotel Domestique (onwed by George & Rich Hincapie)!
The weekend includes on-site coaching and tips from Troy Jacobson, the head Endurance Sports coach for Life Time Fitness, former pro triathlete and creator of the industry leading indoor cycling workout video series, Spinervals Cycling. Coach Troy will be training alongside everyone as well as providing private training consultations over the weekend.
For CEOs that have a passion for cycling and the Tour de France this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that must not be missed!
Feedback from previous participants
"That was one incredible weekend! Everything clicked just right. Thanks to Ted for setting up such a great event. Thanks to the Hincapie family and friends for being so generous with your time. I can’t believe how much time George was willing to spend with us. No other rock star would do that with a bunch of noobs It was a brief encounter but an amazing experience, and I consider you all new, good friends." - Dan Goese
"The experience was way above expectation. I can't think of many other sports where you can have an opportunity to see first hand the differential between weekend warriors and someone at the top of the sport. The Hincapie family couldn't have been nicer or more hospitable. Truly rare in this world of the big sport ego." - Tom Tuggle
"The CEO Challenge by far exceeded my expectations. This was the best riding I have EVER done (including compared to the Pyrenees during the Tour de France). George is a fantastic guy and he let us into a little piece of his life." - Tim Hockey
"An amazing combination of physical challenge with high powered executives makes for a truly memorable experience, and riding with George put it over the top!" - Joe Gagnon
"I am excited to host the CEO Cycling Challenge in my home town of Greenville, SC. I look forward to showing you the roads where I do some of my most important off season miles... roads that I consider to be some of the best training rides in the world.. see you in September!"-- George Hincapie
What's Included in the Program
- 4 days / 3 nights at the Hincapie-owned Hotel Domestique
- Massages each day by George's personal therapists (they know how to massage tired cycling legs!)
- Personal coaching and consultation by Coach Troy Jacobson
- Our professional mechanic will receive bikes, build and tune them, and pack them for shipping after the event
- 3 days of cycling, hosted by George Hincapie (pace and distance to vary to accommodate all riders, regardless of ability)
- Fully supported 'sag' vehicle to accompany cyclists, complete with spare tubes, tires, parts, drinks and food
- CEO Challenges event staff to look after your every need
- Charity contribution to the Lifetime Foundation on behalf of each participant
- Biography on each participant listed on the CEO Challenges website, and in a printed program circulated at the event
- All meals and beverages, including CEO Welcome Dinner, Friday dinner, and private reception at George's house on Saturday (where will get to see his collection of bikes, cars, and awards).
- Personal tour of Hincapie Sportswear by President Rich Hincapie, including the opportunity to purchase the latest in Hincapie gear
- CEO Cycling Challenge competition, including exclusive 'King of the Hill' awards
- Hincapie Sportswear CEO Challenge bibshorts, jersey, and long sleeve jersey
- CEO Welcome kit, including apparel, and Zeal Optics polarized competition sunglasses to the top three on the Paris Mtn climb
Thursday, Sept 12
- Arrive in Greenville and check into your room at the Hincapie owned 13-room Hotel Domestique at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mtns (where all the great cycling routes are)
- Either unpack and assemble your bike, or pick up your assembled bike from our bike mechanic (if shipped earlier)
- 4pm - Meet in the lobby for an optional easy one-hour spin
- CEO Welcome Reception & Dinner - Welcome reception at 6:00pm, dinner at 6:30pm
- Co-hosted by cycling legend George Hincapie! Meet your fellow CEO cycling members, CEO Challenges staff & Troy Jacobson, and review the schedule for the weekend
Friday, Sept 13
- 8:00am - Two to three hour ride, including a 'scouting ride' up Paris Mtn
- Afternoon - Book massages, coordinated by Jeremiah, aka Turtle, George's personal soigneur for most of his Tour de France competitions
- 2:30pm - Troy Jacobson training Seminar
- 4:00pm - Meet in the lobby for a tour of Hincapie Sportswear, led by President Rich Hincapie (including shopping opportunity and photo op with George and his 9 yellow jerseys!)
- 6:00pm - Dinner
Saturday, Sept 14
- 8:00am - Long ride in the Blue Ridge Mountains - 80 miles, approx. 6-hours (support bus is available to 'leap frog' if riders are not up to the entire distance)
- Afternoon - Massages
- 4:00- Power Training Seminar
- 5:30pm - Transportation provided to a private dinner at George Hincapie's house overlooking Greenville
Sunday, Sept 15
- 8:00am - Warmup ride, followed by the CEO Cycling Championship up Paris Mountain! Rolling start, timed climb, then a group photo. See a profile of the 2.2-mile climb here: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/139673241
- Lunch - Trophies to the top three finishers, awarded by George. Arrange shipping for bikes (bring courier paperwork if shipping your bike home)
- Entry Fee: $5,950 USD 3 nights accommodation, guided rides, all meals, private reception, Hincapie cycling kit, charity contribution, etc
This event is limited to Business Owners (including partners and founders) and C-level Executives of companies with at least $1 million in annual gross revenue.
How to Enter
Register for this event using our Registration Form