2013 Leadville Trail 100 MTB, CO
August 8, 2013 - August 11, 2013
THE WORLD'S MOST FAMOUS MOUNTAIN BIKE RACE!
(Note, this event is now SOLD OUT! Feel free to include your name on our waiting list in case spots become available. The other alternative is to sign up for one of the Life Time Camps and get a slot that way, then sign up for the CEO Challenge event to receive all the special attention and support we offer).
A select group of business owners and Company C-suite executives have the opportunity to race in this year's Leadville Trail 100 MTB Race in Leadville, Colorado on August 10! This is the race that was made famous by Lance Armstrong's record breaking performance, and the film "Race Across the Sky".
Enjoy a stress free race morning at our rented house 1-block from the start / finish area. Stretch, relax and leave your post-race clothes at the house, then after the race enjoy a nice cold beverage and hot shower!
"This is it. The race of all races. 100 miles across the high-altitude, extreme terrain of the Colorado Rockies. Created for only the most determined athletes. Starting at 9,000 feet and climbing to 13,000 feet, you’ll be challenged to catch your breath — while the views try to take it away."
The CEO Challenge package includes a very special welcome Dinner, access to the CEO Challenges house, pre-race strategy lunch hosted by 16-time Leadville finisher Doc Wenmark, support from the CEO Challenges aid station at Twin Lakes, CEO Challenges / Hincapie cycling kit, CEO Awards Dinner, and special trophies to the top CEO Challenge finishers.
All to benefit the Life Time Foundation charity.
Many cyclists who attempt the Leadville Trail 100 MTB each year are left humbled by the course and extreme altitude. However, if you are one of the unique individuals that combine running a company, travel, time with your family, AND training for extreme endurance events - then this is for you!
See photos from the 2012 CEO Challenge event HERE.
This event is SOLD OUT. Use the form below to be added to the waiting list:
What's Included in the Program
- Advice, guidance, and full-service support from CEO Challenge staff for competitors and their guests
- Guaranteed entry into the Leadville Trail 100 MTB Race, even though entries to the event are allocated by lottery and the race is completely sold out!
- Unlimited access to the CEO Challenges house on 6th St (between Spruce & Pine)
- Compete in both your age group and in the CEO Challenge divisions
- Contribution on behalf of each participant to Life Time Foundation charity
- CEO Welcome Reception & Dinner, pre-race strategy lunch, and CEO Awards Reception (for 2)
- Expert bike mechanic available all day Friday (pro mountain bike racer, sub 8-hour Leadville finisher, and ex-Mavic mechanic Dylan Stucki)
- Pre-race strategy lunch hosted by Doc Wenmark
- Many networking opportunities with Life Time Fitness Executives, and fellow CEO participants that have a passion for mountain biking and endurance events
- A complete CEO Challenges Hincapie Sportswear team cycling kit, including bib shorts, s/s jersey, and l/s jersey
- Trophies to the top 3 CEO Challenge competitors
- Awards presented to the CEO Challenge Champion on stage at the Leadville Trail 100 Awards presentation
- A biography of each CEO Challenge competitor, with information on their company, will be hosted on the CEO Challenges website and in a printed program circulated at the event
Thurs, Aug 8
6PM - CEO Welcome Reception & Dinner - C.B. Grille in the center village of Copper Mountain. Meet your fellow CEO Challenge competitors and your hosts for the weekend
Fri, Aug 9
11:00am - Leadville Trail 100 mandatory race briefing
1:00pm - Zichittella's Italian Restaurant - CEO Challenge pre-race strategy lunch, hosted by 17-time finisher Bill 'Doc' Wenmark - who races on a 45-pound Salsa Mukluk snow bike (you can ask him why...)
4:00pm - Leadville Trail 100 supply bag drop
5:00pm - Leadville Trail 100 Carbo Load Dinner
Sat, Aug 10 - RACE DAY
Meet at the CEO Challenges house 1-block from the start line to drop off your warmup clothes and change into your CEO Challenges Hincapie cycling kit (provided)
5:30am - Race check-in
6:30am - RACE START
- Look for our tent at the Twin Lakes aid station. We will have the products you left with us ready for drinking / eating
3:30pm - 9-hour cutoff for the Gold Trophy Buckle
6:30pm - Race ends / cutoff for the Silver Trophy Buckle
Enjoy a cold beverage & hot shower at the CEO Challenge house
7:00pm - CEO Awards Celebration! Zichittella's - food, drink, and trophies to the Top 3 CEO Challenge finishers.
Sun, Aug 11
7:30am - Leadville Trail 100 Awards. The CEO Challenge Champion receives his / her awards on stage!
- Entry Fee: $2,250 USD Race entry, access to host house, special meals, aid station, full race support
Event Registration Closed
Registration for this event is currently full or closed. If you are interested in hearing more information about future events like this one, please Contact us.