2014 Leadville 100 MTB
August 7, 2014 - August 10, 2014
TWO SLOTS JUST CAME OPEN! REGISTER NOW TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT.
THE WORLD'S MOST FAMOUS MOUNTAIN BIKE RACE!
CO-HOSTED BY DAVE WIENS!
What is the Leadville 100 MTB like? Watch this video to find out.
A select group of business owners and Company C-suite executives have the opportunity to race in this year's Leadville Trail 100 MTB Race in Leadville, Colorado on August 9! This is the race that was made famous by Lance Armstrong's record breaking performance, and the film "Race Across the Sky".
Get your bike built up and tuned by one of our two pro mechanics, and enjoy a stress free race morning at our rented house 2-blocks from the start / finish line. Stretch, relax and leave your post-race clothes at the house, then after the race enjoy a nice cold beverage and hot shower!
"This is it. The race of all races. 100 miles across the high-altitude, extreme terrain of the Colorado Rockies. Created for only the most determined athletes. Starting at 9,000 feet and climbing to 13,000 feet, you’ll be challenged to catch your breath — while the views try to take it away."
The CEO Challenge package includes a very special welcome Suerte Dinner with the Pros (including 6-time champion Dave Wiens), access to the CEO Challenges house, pre-race strategy lunch hosted by Dave Wiens, support from the CEO Challenges aid station at Twin Lakes & special needs bag drop at Pipeline (both with mechanics), CEO Challenges cycling kit, CEO Awards Reception, and special trophies to the top CEO Challenge finishers.
All to benefit the Challenged Athletes Foundation charity.
Many cyclists who attempt the Leadville Trail 100 MTB each year are left humbled by the course and extreme altitude. However, if you are one of the unique individuals that are able to combine running a company, travel, time with your family, AND training for extreme endurance events - then this is for you!
"I had an amazing time this weekend. I was super impressed with how the CEO Challenge was organized and executed." - Daniel Stein
“When I signed up for the CEO Challenge it was a way to get into the Leadville Trail 100. What I found was a completely new race experience. Ted and his staff with the CEO Challenge makes sure that you have all the benefits from the race organizers and then enhance it with true VIP treatment. If that’s not enough, you are also socializing with CEO’s who are like-minded, driven endurance athletes.” - Mike Macedonio, President and Partner, Referral Institute
"CEO Challenges at the Leadville 100 exceeded anything I could have imagined. On Wednesday I was watching a movie about it. On Thursday I was having dinner with the people in the movie. Very cool. In addition, having the house at the finish line made it perfect." - Simon O'Leary
"MANY THANKS for the opportunity to race the Leadville Trail 100 MTB with a great group of CEO Challenge cyclists. I had a wonderful experience! The benefits of having you and your staff available to answer questions and to give me invaluable information and food & treats, etc. was so very helpful to me. And I wouldn't want to forget to mention the bike mechanics that you made available for last minute pre-race needed repairs. Wow, they were fabulous." - Tony Blank
"I thoroughly enjoyed sharing Leadville with you, your staff and the other CEO's. I have been to Leadville in the past with multi-year participants, and so I speak with authority that you guys provided a top-teir experience for even a seasoned Leadville participant. Great events, crewing, maintenance support and support house location. It was a perfect way to do Leadville." - Alden Philbrick
"The pre-race insight provided by past race winners/legends and fantastic race day logistical support provided by the CEO Challenge team were the differences between just simply trying to survive the Leadville Trail 100 and being able to confidently compete on a very challenging course." - Matt Fischer
"Ted- the effort you and Shawna put forth for the CEO Challenge Leadville 100 MTB was appreciated. The entire weekend was well coordinated both on and off the race course. Can’t wait to do another CEO Challenge." - Kent Killian
What's Included in the Program
- Advice, guidance, and full-service support from CEO Challenge staff for competitors and their guests
- Guaranteed entry into the Leadville Trail 100 MTB Race, even though entries to the event are allocated by lottery and the race is completely sold out!
- As part of the CEO Challenge, regardless of your qualifying time you will start in the BLUE corral, ahead of the huge (1,000 person) last corral. (Note, if you have a fast qualifying time you will start in your appropriate corral)
- Unlimited access all weekend to the CEO Challenges house on 6th St (between Spruce & Pine)
- Two expert bike mechanics available all day Friday for bike build up & tune, and late Saturday / Sunday for packing
- Private CEO Challenges Aid Station for you at Twin Lakes (with products you request), and special needs bag pickup at Pipeline (with mechanic at each)
- Compete in both your age group and in the CEO Challenge divisions
- Contribution on behalf of each participant to the Challenged Athletes Foundation charity
- CEO Welcome Reception & Dinner with the Pros at C.B. Grille restaurant at Copper Mountain (Thursday - sponsored by Suerte Tequila)
- CEO Awards Reception, with drinks, following the race
- Pre-race strategy lunch hosted by 6-time Leadville Champion Dave Wiens (Friday)
- Many networking opportunities with Life Time Fitness Executives and fellow CEO participants that have a passion for mountain biking and endurance events
- A complete top-of-the-line Primal Wear Helix CEO Challenges team 3-piece cycling kit (bib shorts, jersey, and wind jacket) $450 value
- Trophies to the top 3 CEO Challenge competitors in 3 categories - under 50, over 50, and female
- Awards presented to the CEO Challenge Champion on stage at the Leadville Trail 100 Awards presentation (Sunday morning)
- A biography of each CEO Challenge competitor, with information on their company, will be hosted on the CEO Challenges website and in a printed program circulated at the event
Thurs, Aug 7
6PM - Suerte Tequila CEO Welcome Reception & Dinner with the Pros. C.B. Grille in the center village of Copper Mountain. Meet your fellow CEO Challenge competitors and your hosts for the weekend (all drinks provided by Suerte)
Fri, Aug 8
AM - Drop off your bike at the CEO Challenges house to have it built up / tuned by our expert mechanics. 229 W 6th St, Leadville, CO 80461
11:00am - Leadville Trail 100 mandatory race briefing (High School)
1:00pm - Lunch at the CEO Challenges house - including pre-race strategy / course tips, hosted by 6-time Champion Dave Wiens!
4:00pm - Leadville Trail 100 supply bag drop
5:00pm - Leadville Trail 100 Carbo Load Dinner
Sat, Aug 9 - RACE DAY
Meet at the CEO Challenges house 2-blocks from the start line to drop off your warmup clothes and aid station bag
5:30am - Race check-in
6:30am - RACE START
- Look for our tent at the Twin Lakes aid station. We will have the products you left with us ready for drinking / eating, and one of the CEO Challenge bike mechanics will be there in case you have any issues
- Note we will also have a mechanic at the Pipeline Aid Station in case you run into trouble
3:30pm - 9-hour cutoff for the Gold Trophy Buckle
6:30pm - Race ends / cutoff for the Silver Trophy Buckle
Enjoy a cold beverage & hot shower at the CEO Challenges house. Plus drop off your bike to have it packed and boxed up.
7:00pm - CEO Awards Celebration! At the CEO Challenges house - food, drink, trophies, and Suerte Tequila to the top 3 CEO Challenge finishers in the under 50 category top 3 in the over 50 category, and first female CEO finisher.
Sun, Aug 10
7:30am - Leadville Trail 100 Awards. The CEO Challenge Champions receive their awards on stage!
- Entry Fee: $1,775 USD Race entry, access to host house, mechanics, special meals, aid station, full race support
How to Enter
Register for this event using our Registration Form