2013 Maryland YPO Triathlon Challenge
June 7, 2013 - June 9, 2013
Due to its flat and fast course, proximity to major markets in the US, and World Championship slots, the Endurafit EagleMan is one of the most-in-demand Ironman 70.3s on the circuit. Slots to the race sell out months in advance.
Plus, the only decent hotel within 50 miles of the race is the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Resort.
EXCLUSIVELY FOR YPO MEMBERS - members who sign up for the race (full Ironman 70.3, Aquabike, or Relay) and Register for the CEO Challenge program will enjoy a full VIP triathlon experience including rooms at the Hyatt Regency (guaranteed until Nov 30), a private dinner with one of the world's greatest triathletes (think Craig Alexander), bike build and tune, transportation for you and your bike to the race site, great meals paired with exceptional wines, and a completely 'YPO only' hassle free experience.
The Enduraft Ironman 70.3 EagleMan begins with a 1.2-mile, one-loop swim in the Choptank River on the Delmarva Peninsula (water temperatures will be 73-79 F). The flat and fast 56-mile, one-loop bike travels through Dorchester County and into the rural Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge. The 13.1-mile, one-loop run is on rural country roads. It is also flat and fast, with plenty of straight-aways for athletes to measure up their competition.
The race has 30 qualifying slots to the IRONMAN World Championship in Kailua-Kona, HI and 40 qualifying slots to the IRONMAN Championship 70.3 in Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV.
Sign up for your choice of the Ironman 70.3, the Aquabike (1.2-mile swim & 56-mile bike), or as a 3-person relay in the Ironman 70.3 - http://www.active.com/triathlon/cambridge-md/endurafit-ironman-703-eagleman-triathlon-2013.
If interested in taking part, simply fill out the form below. There are no obligations, and we promise... no spam. You will be sent an entry form and further instructions
What's Included in the Program
- 3 days / 2 nights King Room at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort & Spa (the hotel is totally sold out for race weekend)
- Friday night Dinner with the Pros (e.g., Craig Alexander / Miranda Carfrae), including the exclusive opportunity to meet one of the world's greatest triathletes
- Lunch on Saturday, and dinner Friday & Saturday paired with fine wines
- Sunday Awards Reception
- Bike receive, unpack, build, tune, and repack after the race (shipping not included)
- Transportation for athletes and bikes to the race site Saturday for bike check-in, and on Sunday for the race start and bike pick up
- Hincapie Sportswear custom designed triathlon kit - tri top, shorts, and long sleeve jersey
- Contribution to the Lifetime Foundation charity on behalf of each participant
- Rosewood frame awards to the top finishers
- Support, advice, and guidance from CEO Challenge staff all weekend - you show up ready to race and we'll take care of everything else!
(Note that entry to the race is not included as part of the CEO Challenge package. You must sign up for the race prior to Registering for the CEO Challenge YPO Program)
Friday, June 7
- Ship your bike to the Hyatt Regency to be built up by our mechanic on Thursday & Friday
- Arrival and check into the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort
- 6pm - CEO Welcome Reception, followed by Dinner with the Pros: Hyatt Regency -meet your fellow competitors, your support crew, and some of the world's greatest triathletes in a private reception and dinner
Saturday, June 8
- 8am- Transportation to the race venue for a group swim & picture (wear your official triathlon uniform provided)
- 12pm - Race & Spectator Strategy Lunch - Hyatt
- 2pm - Transportation to the race site for athlete Bike Check-In
- 6:00pm - Pre-race Dinner, Hyatt
Sunday, June 9 - RACE DAY!
- 4:30am - Transportation to the race venue
- 6:45am - Pro Race start, followed by Age Group waves! Great Marsh Park, Cambridge, MD
- Post-race - our bus will make 2 or 3 trips back and forth between the race venue and Hotel, and our mechanic will pack bikes into boxes for shipping (bring UPS or FedEx paperwork with you to have your bike shipped home)
- 3:30pm - CEO Awards Reception at the Hyatt, including presentation of trophies to CEO Challenge winners
- Depart to Baltimore for flight home on Sunday night or Monday morning, OR stay an extra night at the Hyatt (competitor's expense)
- Entry Fee: $2,300 USD Accommodations and meals for one, bike build, transportation to / from the race site, racing kit, charity contribution, etc
- Guest Fee: $650 USD Guest staying in same room
Event Registration Closed
Registration for this event is currently full or closed. If you are interested in hearing more information about future events like this one, please Contact us.