2014 THE FITTEST CEO® - Spartan Race HQ, Vermont
September 18, 2014 - September 21, 2014
SHAWN TALBOTT WINS THE FITTEST CEO BY THE SLIMEST OF MARGINS
It took Shawn Talbott 1 hr 15 mins and 4 seconds to complete the grueling Spartan Sprint Race at Killington ski resort and capture the title of Fittest CEO at the 3-day competition hosted in Vermont. If he had been only 45 seconds slower the title would have gone to second place Doron Reuveni, who finished (with bruised ribs received during an earlier 10-mile mountain bike race) in 1hr 23:11.
The Fittest CEO competition consisted of seven Endurance Tests on Sept 19 & 20 (each competitor had to do at least four) for a potential total of 60 points. The event culminated with the Spartan Race on Sept 21 that accounted for 40 points of the total score.
Dr Shawn Talbott, Chief Science Officer of LifeVantage, earned a total of 94.5 points in the competition, and CEO of Applause, Doron Reuveni, was second with 94.2 points.
Third place went to CEO of Tenex Aerospace Andy Palowitch (who also earned the Over-50 title), and the top female competitior was Karen Lanzon of California coffee company Crank & Grind with 77.9 points.
The founder and CEO of Spartan Race, Joe De Sena, also took part, earning the overal win at the Spartan Sprint race in 1:06, and an impressive 80.9 points over only three of Endurance Tests due to his NBC obligations for the Spartan Race World Championship held on September 20.
All participants enjoyed the long weekend of endurance racing in the beautiful mountains of Vermont, and all vowed to return next year better prepared to take on the Spartan course and difficult Endurance Tests.
Results - Endurance Tests:
- 18-mile cycling time trial: 1. Shawn Talbott 47:28 (13.3 points), 2. Doron Reuveni 50:18 (12.6 pts), 3. Andy Palowitch 51:10 (12.4 pts), 4. Joe De Sena 54:15 (11.6 pts), 5. Karen Lanzon 62:21 (10.1 pts), 6. Ric Urritia 62:43 (10.1 pts)
- PT Test: 1. Joe D 588 (16.8), 2. Tim Gentry 505 (14.4), 3. Karen L 458 (13.1), 4. Ric U 409 (11.7)
- 1-mile mtn stair climb: 1. Doron R 12:12 (14.5), Shawn T 12:33 (14.1), 3. Joe D 14:15 (12.4), 4. Andy P 17:35 (10.1), 5. Tim G 18:40 (9.5)
- 10-mile mtn bike: 1. Doron R 1:21 (19.8), 2. Shawn T 1:41 (15.9)
- 1-mile open water swim: 1. Shawn T 24:05 (15.6), 2. Andy P 25:54 (14.5), 3. Doron R 26:25 (14.3), 4. Karen L 32:03 (11.7), 5. Tim G 34:56 (10.8)
- 2-mile kayak: Andy P 19:52 (19.5)
- 5-mile trail run: 1. Karen L 43:39 (14.1), 2. Doron R 45:31 (13.5), 3. Tim G 55:33 (11.1)
- 1. Joe D 1:06.52 (40), 2. Shawn T 1:15.04 (35.6), 3. Doron R 1:23.11 (32.2), 4. Andy P 1:30.05 (86.1), 5. Karen L 1:32.43 (77.9), 6. Tim G 1:41.37 (72.1). Honorable Mention: Coach Troy Jacobson 1:21.28, Diane Stokes of The 431 Project 1:43.18
- Shawn Talbott, LifeVantage - 94.5
- Doron Reuveni, Applause - 94.2
- Andy Palowitch, Tenex Aerospace - 86.1 OVER 50 CHAMPION
- Joe De Sena, Spartan Race - 80.9
- Karen Lanzon, Crank & Grind - 77.9 FEMALE CHAMPION
- Tim Gentry, Avaya - 72.1
- Ric Urritia, Taos - 36.8
"The CEO Challenge is one of the best events I have ever participated in athletically. I have never been more challenged physically over a period of three days and I love that we ended the event with a Spartan Race on the home turf of the Spartan founder (Joe De Sena). I also love the new relationships that developed over the course of 3 days. I'll be back next year!" - Karen Lanzon, Crank & Grind
"The event is a great test of strength, skill and strategy. You bond with like-minded individuals, compete against them, and all become friends!" - Tim Gentry, Avaya
"Some people might think a CEO Challenge to be an elitist event, but the experience of interacting, and testing yourself, with business leaders from around the world and different industries is priceless." - Dr. Shawn Talbott, LifeVantage
Feedback from the Event:
25% rated it as 'meeting' their expectations
25% rated it as 'exceeding' their expectations
50% rated it as 'far exceeding' their expectations!
Event Registration Closed
Registration for this event is currently full or closed. If you are interested in hearing more information about future events like this one, please Contact us.